A native of Dunn, North Carolina, Mr. Walter Weeks has 38 years of experience in leadership roles with organizations serving people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. He is currently Executive Director Emeritus of Wake Enterprises, Inc. and Vice President for Business Development for Inperium of North Carolina. Most recently, Mr. Weeks served as the Executive Director for Wake Enterprises for 22 years. His previous positions include:
- Director of Mental Retardation Services, Lee-Harnett Area MH/MR/SA Authority
- Area Director, Onslow County Area MH/DD/SA Authority
- Executive Director, tlc home, inc. (for children)
- Executive Director, Lee County Industries, Inc.
- Director of Employment Services, Goodwill Industries of Eastern North Carolina, Inc.
A former four-term mayor, Mr. Weeks continues to be heavily involved in his community. He currently serves as President of Harnett County Properties Corporation, President of Harnett Health System Foundation, and President of the Alliance for North Carolina Nonprofits, and President of the Adam Kempf Foundation. He also serves on the Harnett County Economic Development Council and the Coats Planning Board. Mr. Weeks is Vice President of Coats Lions Club and is active in Chambers of Commerce in Raleigh, Fuquay-Varina, and Coats, NC. He is a Gideon, Mason, and Shriner. He belongs to the ARC of Harnett County and the ARC of Wake County. He is a founding member of Unite America. Past civic and professional involvement includes:
- Commissioner, Town of Coats
- Chairman, Harnett County Board of Adjustment
- Chairman, Wake County Transportation Advisory Board
- Chairman, Lee County Transportation Advisory Board
- Chairman, Rural Transportation Advisory Committee, Mid-Carolina Council of Governments
- Regional Vice-President, North Carolina Association of Rehabilitation Facilities (NCARF)
- Vice-Chairman, Harnett Health System Board of Trustees
- Coats Museum Board of Directors
- President, Coats School Parent-Teachers Organization
- Chairman, Harnett County Local Government Association
In addition to his interests in human services, the nonprofit sector, local government, school bus safety, transportation, planning and zoning, and economic development, Mr. Weeks has a long-term interest in real estate. He is a licensed real estate broker and Realtor. Mr. Weeks has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Western Carolina University and a Masters in Counseling from Campbell University.